Correction requests are often resolved within 30 days. However, at times, the SEVIS Help Desk will adjudicate a correction request sooner. A correction request is eligible for expedited processing when it meets one of the following criteria:
- Student or dependent has a Form I-515 due within 30 days or less. (Copy of Form I-515 is needed to expedite processing.)
- There is a USCIS Service Center request for evidence (RFE) for employment, Change of Status, or M-1 extension requests. (Copy of service center RFE is needed to expedite processing.)
- Student or dependent arrives in the United States within 30 days.
- USCIS may deny needed benefit dates, due to the status of the student’s SEVIS record.
- Student or dependent needs a visa to travel to United States. (Visa appointment confirmation is required.)
- Student or dependent cannot obtain a driver's license. (Include the rejection notice or explain in detail how the absence of the document is affecting the student ability to get to/from school or employment.)
- Student cannot obtain a Social Security card. (Include the rejection notice or explain in detail how the absence of the document is affecting the student.)
In addition to explaining why the student needs expedited processing; if the student has been attending school, but the SEVIS Student Information page does not display any port of entry information, provide copies of the following documents via the Upload Evidence function:
- Form I-94 (front and back), Global Entry I-94, or printout of I-94 information from Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Arrival/ Departure Forms: I-94 and I-94W
- Official student transcripts (copy)