Users can add and edit a U.S. addresses on these pages:
- Initial Registration
- Create New Student
- Update Personal Information
- Student Reinstatement
- Form I-17: Contact Information
After a user enters an address in the Address modal, SEVIS uses its address check software to verify if the address is valid. If the address is valid, the address will display in the U.S. Address section of the Student Information page.
If the address is not valid, SEVIS will suggest an address. The user may:
- Choose the suggested address.
- Return to edit the address.
- Use the address as entered and provide a reason. (A valid city, state, and zip code are required.)
- Cancel the entry.
The “Other” field can be used for school residences or other places with non-standard U.S. addresses. For example, for a school residence, enter the school name, residence hall, and room number in the "Other" field. (Example: Book University, Random Hall, Room 215.)
Adding SEVIS Address
To add a student’s U.S. address in SEVIS: (We will use the SEVIS Initial Student Registration process as an example.)
1. Go to the Registration: Initial Student page.