The Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) Portal is an important tool that lets students on post-completion optional practical training (OPT) and science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) OPT meet their legal reporting requirements. Students are responsible for reporting:
- Changes to their address and phone number.
- Changes to their employment.
Students can use the SEVP Portal to report these changes, or they can ask a designated school official (DSO) report it for them. DSOs cannot limit a student’s access to the portal. You can require students to use the portal.
While DSOs cannot access the portal, they are still very important to the students. They can:
- Request that the Initial portal Account Creation email be re-sent.
- Unlock a student’s portal account.
- Change the student’s email which the portal uses for account management.
- Update a student’s address, phone number, and employer information.
- Access a downloadable report to see what data was changed by students using the portal.
- Identify students with portal accounts.
- Reset their own password, if they have:
- Forgotten their password.
- Been locked out of their portal account because they mistyped their password or SEVIS ID.
Data Flow between SEVIS and the SEVP Portal
The Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) and the SEVP Portal share data:
- Student-changed data is passed from the Portal to SEVIS immediately.
- DSO-changed data is passed from SEVIS to the portal once a day.
Available Student Actions in the Portal
Students can take limited actions in the portal. They can:
- Update their physical home addresses.
- Update their mailing addresses.
- Update their telephone numbers.
- Update employers’ information.
- Monitor their employment authorization.