Elements of SEVIS Pages
SEVIS Page Components
This user guide explains the page components and functions that may be available on SEVIS pages.
From the SEVIS Sign In page at https://egov.ice.gov/sevis/, enter your SEVIS User Name and Password to log in to SEVIS. The Accessing SEVIS section provides more details.
Note: If you have access to more than one school/campus, when you log in all schools will be listed on the Main page, which is titled Listing of Schools. Also, if you are authorized as both a school official and a program sponsor official, you will first be directed to a page that has two links: Listing of Schools and Listing of Programs. You would then click the Listing of Schools link to access the Listing of Schools page, which lists all schools and/or campuses to which you are assigned.
SEVIS Listing of Schools
The SEVIS Listing of Schools page allows users to view and take action on any or all of the schools and campuses with which they are associated. It has the following features:
|1. Browser Toolbar||Provides browser toolbar features used to access SEVIS
Note: Do not use the Back button on the browser toolbar to navigate through SEVIS.
|2. User Name||Displays name of SEVIS user.|
|3. Logout||Used to exit SEVIS.|
|4. SEVIS Roles||Displays roles of SEVIS user.|
|5. Get Plug-Ins||Used to access the plug-ins used by SEVIS.|
|6. SEVIS ID Search||Uses the SEVIS ID to search for a specific student or exchange visitor in any of the P/DSO and/or RO/ARO’s approved schools and programs.|
|7. Navigation Bar||Provides links to SEVIS pages:
Note: The Navigation Bar has been removed from many of the SEVIS screenshots used in this guide.
|8. Action Buttons||Opens the corresponding SEVIS page for the selected campus:
Note: Due to system limitations, the Alert button is always visible, even if a school does not have any pending alerts.
|9. School Drop-down Menu||Lists all of the schools with which the P/DSO is associated. Click the drop-down arrow to select the school whose record(s) you want to access.|
|10. School Name Hyperlink||Opens the school’s Form I-17 page.|
|11. School Campuses List||Lists all of the campuses of the selected school where the P/DSO is associated. It displays:
Select a particular campus by clicking the radio button before the campus name.
|12. Symbols Legend||Explains the warning/alert symbols that may appear with a specific school or campus.|
Standard Page Components
Additional page components, which are standard windows functionality, display on some SEVIS pages. They include:
- Scroll Bar: This is the part of a window that enables you to see additional information. SEVIS uses scroll bars on the bottom and/or the right side of some windows to navigate to a different part of a large page.
- Fields: These are areas on the windows where data may be typed or selected, or in which system-generated data display.
- Links: Click on underlined text to advance to a different page within SEVIS.
- Buttons: These buttons allow you to process data and move between pages. SEVIS uses the following types of buttons:
- Command Buttons: Click to execute a command. For example, clicking the
- Print I-17 button enables you to print a copy of the Form I 17.
- Radio Buttons: Click to make a selection. Only one radio button may be selected at a time.
- Other Input Methods
- Check Boxes: Click to make one or more selections.
- Drop-Down Lists: Click the down arrow to display a list and then make a selection.
Many SEVIS pages allow a user to expand or collapse part of the page to hide or display more information. Use the expand and collapse icons to change the views.
|Expand Icon||Expands the section to display additional information, if available.|
|Collapse Icon||Close the section to hides additional information.|
When opening a SEVIS action page, an expanded view of the nonimmigrant’s personal information may display.
To hide the nonimmigrant’s personal information, click the red, collapse icon to close the section.
In the collapsed view, the nonimmigrant’s personal information is hidden, which gives more room on the page without having to use the scroll bar.
To view additional nonimmigrant’s personal information, click the green, expand icon to open the section, if available.