Below is a timeline explaining a breakdown of Active Student Registration events.
DSOs report active student registration the same way they report initial registration. The following information is required upon continuing registration:
- U.S. Physical Address.
- Email address. (This is not required for F-1 students in K-12 or M-1 students under the age of 14.)
- U.S. or foreign telephone number, or confirmation that the student does not have a telephone. (This is not required for F-1 students in K-12 or M-1 students under the age of 14.)
Records missing the above information will have a flag at the top of the Student Information page.
DSOs can register active students (continuing registration), with E-mail address and/or Telephone number flags by entering the email address and telephone number:
- Into the Personal/Contact information and then registering the record.
- Directly into the Registration: Active Student page at the point of registration. (See below.)
To register an active student in SEVIS:
1. Goto the Student Information page.
2. Click Registration. The Registration: Active Student page opens.