Often when the Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) processes a student’s correction request, the adjudicators will need more information before a decision can be made.
This information may include the following:
- Proof of Student Attendance
- Letter of Explanation from the designated school official (DSO)
- Form I-94, Arrival/Departure Record
- Employment Authorization Document
- Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, Page 1
- Form I-539, Application to Extend/Change Nonimmigrant Status, Page 1
The DSO can upload this evidence directly to SEVP using the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System’s (SEVIS) upload evidence function.
Document requirements for a successful upload include:
- File name cannot exceed 60 characters.
- Cannot be encrypted or password protected.
- Cannot exceed 10 MB per document.
- Must be in the following file formats: