Paying the I-901 SEVIS Fee
This is the time of the year when prospective F or M international students apply for a student visa to study in the United States. Before you apply for your visa, you must first pay the I-901 Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) Fee.
F and M students pay this fee after acceptance into a Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP)-certified school. Once accepted, your school will provide you with a Form I-20, “Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant Status.” You need this Form I-20 to pay the I-901 SEVIS Fee.
Before you pay the fee, watch the I-901 SEVIS Fee payment tutorial video. This video provides you with a step-by-step guide of the payment process and can help answer your questions.
Below are a few key takeaway points from the tutorial:
1. Have Your Information Ready: In preparation, make sure to have your information and documents ready, such as the Form I-20, your SEVIS ID, as well as school information and personal details, such as your date of birth and birthplace.
2. Visit FMJFee.com: You fill out the Form I-901 and pay your fee through this website. You can also confirm your payment and print your receipt through FMJFee.com.
3. Verify Your Information: Once all necessary information is filled out online, you will need to verify your information is accurate and up-to-date. You will have the option to correct any mistakes if needed before you confirm your payment.
4. Select Payment Method: You have the option to pay with a credit card, check, money order or Western Union. If you pay the I-901 SEVIS Fee with a check or money order, you will need to print out a payment coupon from FMJFee.com that has a unique coupon number. This printed information will need to be mailed in with the check or money order. Mailing instructions are found on the payment coupon.
5. View and Print Your Receipt: On FMJFee.com, after you’ve completed your payment, you have the option to check the status or print your payment confirmation on the left side of the website. On this page you can view your payment transaction details and print your Form I-901 payment confirmation.
Visit the I-901 SEVIS Fee Payment checklist page and the I-901 SEVIS Fee Frequently Asked Questions for more information. How are you preparing to study in the United States? Join the discussion with Study in the States on Facebook and Twitter.