US flag   Official website of the Department of Homeland Security

U.S. Department of Homeland Security: Study in the States

View Disclaimer


Students: Here's Where You Can Pay the I-901 SEVIS Fee

May 14, 2019

All prospective F and M students are required to pay the I-901 Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) Fee before you can receive a visa from the U.S. Department of State to travel to the United States.

To pay the I-901 SEVIS Fee, visit to access the SEVIS Form I-901. is the only federal website certified to collect I-901 SEVIS Fee payments.

There are special instructions for students in, from, or born in Nigeria, Ghana, Kenya, Cameroon and Gambia. Students from these countries cannot use a credit card to pay their I-901 Student and Exchange Visitor fee. Authorized payment options include check, money order or Western Union Quick Pay.

These special instructions also apply to a third party submitting the payment on behalf of a student in, from, or born in one of these countries.  For detailed instructions on alternate payment methods, please visit the News page of

SEVP is not affiliated with SEVIS Express, a website collecting I-901 SEVIS Fee payments from students in Nigeria, Ghana, Kenya and Cameroon. SEVP cannot confirm the website's legitimacy.

You can report any suspicious activity to the Homeland Security Investigations tip line.

Back to Blog

Was This Helpful?

Additional Feedback
Additional Feedback