New F and M students use a Form I-20, Certificate of Eligibility, to enter the United States. They may request a SEVIS transfer to another SEVP-certified school before the original school’s initial session starts.
A designated school official (DSO) can complete this transfer, if the:
- Student reports to the school that issued the original Form I-20 by the program start date, either in person or by telephone, fax, or email.
- Program start date for the transfer-in school is within 30 days of the student’s initial date of entry to the United States.
- Student has provided the DSO with:
- Written confirmation of acceptance to the transfer-in school.
- SEVIS school code for the transfer-in school.
- Contact information for the new school’s DSO.