Initiate Transfer of M-1 SEVIS Record
Transfer M-1 Student to another School
To transfer an M-1 student to a new school:
- Navigate to the Student Information page.
2. Click Transfer Out. The Transfer Out page opens.
3. Enter the Transfer Release Date.
4. Click Select, to search for the transfer-in school and campus. The School/Campus Search page opens.
5. Click either the School Name or School Code radio button to search by school/campus name or code.
6. Click Search to find school.
- The search by school name allows a wildcard at the beginning and/or end of the name. If there is more than one school or campus that fits the search, it will return a list of choices.
- The search by school/campus code requires entry of a full, exact school code (see error message). When entered correctly, the school code will return one specific campus.
7. Click the School Code hyperlink to choose the correct school/campus. The Transfer Out page opens.
8. Enter any relevant remarks and click one of the following:
- Transfer Student: Submits the transfer request. The Update Successful page opens. This page reminds the DSO that the transfer requires USCIS adjudication. Click one of the following:
- Return to View Record: Opens the Student Information page.
- Print I-20: Prints student’s Form I-20.
- Reset Values: Returns all fields to their original values.
- Cancel: Cancels the action and returns the user to the Student Information page.