Occasionally, a student’s program dates in the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) need to be changed. The most common examples of this are:
- When a designated school official (DSO) creates a transfer-in SEVIS record and enters an incorrect start date.
- When a DSO completes Initial Student Registration on a record for an upcoming school session, but the student has already started at the school with an earlier session and program start date.
To change these dates, a program date correction must be completed. DSOs can submit a correction request to change the program dates. However, the Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) must approve this type of request.
Do not confuse this program date correction with:
Request Change to Program Dates
To request a change to a student’s program dates:
1. Navigate to the Student Information page.
2. Click Corrections. The Corrections Management page opens.
3. Click Request Change to Program Dates. The Correction Request: Program Dates page opens.
4. The existing field values are automatically populated. Change any of the incorrect fields.
|Program Start Date *||
|Program End Date *||
|Initial Session Start Date *||
|Correction Remarks *||
5. Click one of the following:
- Cancel: Cancels the action and returns the user to the student’s Corrections Management page.
- Submit: Submits the correction request. The Submit Successful page opens.
This page has the number assigned to the correction request. This case number will appear with the case information for this correction request on the Corrections Management page.
- Upload Evidence: The Upload Correction Request Evidence page opens.
- Return to Corrections Management Page: Returns to the Corrections Management page.
- Return to the Student Information Page: Returns to the Student Information page.
Evidence to Upload at Time of Submission
- If there is not enough room to explain this request in the Correction Remarks field, upload an additional letter of explanation.
- If the student has entered early and needs an earlier start date, send a copy of the I-94 document and the student’s current registration for the earlier school session.
Track Correction Request Processing
See the SEVIS Correction Requests Overview for an explanation of the correction request process, including notification from the SEVIS Help Desk of receipt of the correction request and its completion.