SEVIS Release 6.26 Planning GuideLast updated: April 7, 2020
Scheduled Release Date: Friday May 13, 2016
Functionality in the release
|Functionality||Affects F/M SEVIS||Affects J SEVIS||Affects Batch|
|Change length of STEM OPT to 24 months||Yes||No|
|Allow recommendation for STEM Extension for any student on post-completion OPT||Yes||No||Yes*|
|Allow DSO to recommend 7-month extension of approved STEM OPT||Yes||No||No|
|Allow DSO to convert STEM OPT requests in requested or Pending Status following USCIS RFE||Yes||No||Yes*♦|
* Does not involve a schema change
♦ This functionality is available only in the SEVIS real time interface (RTI). Batch users will need to adjust the OPT recommended dates in their batch software after submitting the conversion in RTI. After USCIS approval, similar adjustments to the approved dates in the batch software must also be made.
- Planning Tool for 7-Month Extension of STEM OPT (Resource outdated)
- Planning Tool for 24-Month Extension of STEM OPT (Resource outdated)
- STEM OPT Rule Implementation in SEVIS (Resource outdated)
- User Guide F-1 STEM OPT (Resource outdated)
- Screenshots: May 2016 Release - STEM OPT (Resource outdated)
Note: These links have been disabled. You can find the most recent versions of these articles in the F/M Student Employment page on the Help Hub.
- SEVIS Workarounds for STEM OPT Webinar Recording (Resource outdated)
- Webinar Slides: SEVIS Workarounds for STEM OPT Webinar (Resource outdated)
Note: These links have been disabled. You can visit the SEVIS Webinar page for all release webinars.
- Demonstration: Recommend 24-Month STEM OPT (Resource outdated)
Note: This link has been disabled. You can find the most recent version of this article in the F/M Student Employment page on the Help Hub.
|Outage Begins||Outage Scheduled to End|
|Friday May 13, 2016 at 10:00 PM (ET)||Saturday May 14, 2:00 AM (ET)|
Currently, SEVP expects the outage to last four hours (approximately).
Schools and sponsors that use third-party software to push data to SEVIS must plan their batch uploads carefully.
|Critical Date/Time||What Happens|
|Friday May 13, 2016 at 10:00 PM (ET) to
Saturday May 14, 2016 at 2:00 AM (ET)
|SEVIS is unavailable for batch uploads|