SEVIS Release 6.37 Planning Guide
Scheduled Release Date: January 26, 2018
Functionality in the Release
|FUNCTIONALITY||AFFECTS F/M SEVIS||
AFFECTS J SEVIS
|Change to date range for DSO access to STEM OPT validation reports||Yes||No||No|
|DSO ability to report receipt of 12- and 24-month self-evaluations from STEM OPT students||Yes||No||No|
- Change to date range when DSOs can access the Report OPT Participation page
- SEVIS will display the link to access the Report OPT Participation page 30 days before the reporting deadline.
- SEVIS will continue to display the link for 31 days after the deadline
Note: this timeframe applies to reporting both the 6-month periodic validation reports and self-evaluations.
- Report receipt of 12-month and 24-month STEM OPT Self Evaluation - To accommodate the 12- and 24-month evaluation due date, on the Report OPT Participation page, SEVIS will display a second checkbox that allows DSOs to indicate receipt of the self-evaluation from students on STEM OPT.
SEVIS will display the event in the student’s event history as either “STEM OPT 12-month Participation Reported” or “STEM OPT 24-month Participation Reported.”
- SEVIS Release 6.37 Planning Guide
- Revision to F-1 OPT – STEM Extension User Guide
|Outage Begins||Outage Scheduled to End|
|Friday January 26, 2018 at 8:00 PM (ET)||Friday January 26, 2018 at 11:59 PM (ET)|
Currently, SEVP expects the outage to last four hours (approximately).
Schools and sponsors that use third-party software to push data to SEVIS must plan their batch uploads carefully.
|Critical Date/Time||What Happens|
|Friday January 26, 2018 at 8:00 PM (ET) to 11:59 PM (ET)||SEVIS is unavailable for batch uploads.|
No warnings issued at this time.