The SEVP External Training Application (SETA) is an online learning management tool for current and prospective school and sponsor officials.
SETA courses primarily teach the rules and regulations governing the Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) and the Department of State’s Exchange Visitor Program (EVP). SEVP has added three new SETA courses since the launch of the tool.
SETA Courses Available
- SEVP Basics – This course provides an overview of SEVP, SEVIS and the management of nonimmigrant student records.
- SEVP 101 – This course discusses the history of SEVP and describes the different types of nonimmigrant students and exchange visitors. This course also identifies the programs that certify, monitor and oversee nonimmigrant students and exchange visitors.
- EVP 101 – This course introduces the U.S. Department of State’s Exchange Visitor Program (EVP). The course discusses the history of the EVP, the purpose of exchange visitor categories and gives insight into the personal experiences of exchange visitors. This course also describes the roles of sponsors and participants.
- Introduction to Initial SEVP Certification – This course gives an overview of federal regulations that govern SEVP’s school certification process and requirements. It outlines important continuing responsibilities for certified schools and helps schools identify if SEVP certification is right for their school.
- Maintaining School Records and the Form I-17 – This course gives an overview of maintaining accurate information on the Form I-17, "Petition for Approval of Schools for Attendance by Nonimmigrant Student," including managing school officials and recertification.
- Managing Exchange Visitor Records – This course gives an overview of managing records for J exchange visitors, including pre- and post-arrival requirements.
- Managing your Designated Program – This course gives an overview of best practices for programs that accept exchange visitors.
How to Access SETA
To access the above courses, please visit the SETA login page. Instructions on how to create a SETA account are available in the SETA Account Creation User Guide.
Frequently Asked Questions
For answers to frequently asked questions regarding SETA’s latest courses, refer to the SETA Launch Frequently Asked Questions. If you have questions or experience technical issues, please email SEVP at SETA@ice.dhs.gov.