The Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) provided an overview of SEVP record keeping and reporting requirements during the SEVP Ask the Experts Webinar: What DSOs Need to Know about Record Keeping on June 21, 2018. During the webinar, SEVP representatives discussed record keeping and reporting for SEVP-certified schools and international students, including:
- Form I-20, “Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant Student Status,” and international student record keeping requirements;
- Form I-17, “Petition for Approval of School for Attendance by Nonimmigrant Student,” and SEVP-certified school record keeping responsibilities;
- The effect of SEVIS upload evidence functionality and the SEVP Portal on record keeping and reporting; and
- Resources to assist designated school officials (DSOs) with school and student records.
This webinar provided both new and experienced DSOs with information to help ensure continued compliance with SEVP-certified school and federal record keeping requirements.
SEVP hosts its stakeholder webinar series using the Adobe Connect platform. To ensure your browser supports Adobe Connect, read the Adobe Connect Quick Start Guide.
Recommended web browsers for viewing stakeholder webinars are Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox.
All webinars are recorded live per the date and time listed above. SEVP uploads a recording of the webinar following the live event. Advanced registration is not required.
SEVP produces a variety of webinars to help the academic community better understand and comply with the rules and regulations that govern the school certification and international student life cycles. These webinars primarily include three types of presentations:
- SEVP InFocus Webinars—provide seasonal program updates
- SEVP Ask the Expert Webinars—focus on specific, trending topics and include a live question and answer session with subject matter experts
- SEVP Special Report Webinars—discuss hot topics or breaking program news