1. Home
  2. Schools
  3. Proof of Citizenship or Lawful Permanent Residency

Proof of Citizenship or Lawful Permanent Residency

Principal designated school officials (PDSO) and all designated school officials (DSOs) must prove that they are U.S. citizens or lawful permanent residents.

The only acceptable evidence includes one of the following:
  • Copy of U.S. passport (current or expired)
  • Copy of U.S. civil issued birth certificate
  • Copy of alien registration card
  • Copy of naturalization/citizenship certificate

If any of the submitted documents contains a name other than those listed on the Form I-17A, “Record of Designated School Officials,” you must submit a copy of government-issued evidence, such as a copy of the court order granting the name change, or government-issued marriage license. A driver’s license or Social Security card is not acceptable documentation.

Was This Helpful?
Please provide feedback on this page.