Principal designated school officials (PDSO) and all designated school officials (DSOs) must prove that they are U.S. citizens or lawful permanent residents.
- The only acceptable evidence includes one of the following:
- Copy of U.S. passport (current or expired)
- Copy of U.S. civil issued birth certificate
- Copy of alien registration card
- Copy of naturalization/citizenship certificate
If any of the submitted documents contains a name other than those listed on the Form I-17A, “Record of Designated School Officials,” you must submit a copy of government-issued evidence, such as a copy of the court order granting the name change, or government-issued marriage license. A driver’s license or Social Security card is not acceptable documentation.