US flag   Official website of the Department of Homeland Security

U.S. Department of Homeland Security: Study in the States

View Disclaimer



August 22, 2019
As an F or M student, upon arrival at a U.S. port of entry, you must have: All signed required documents, Paid the I-901 Student and Exchange Visitor...
Looking at a form
Filter Blog By:
Students walking with their luggage through the airport
August 11, 2017
As the summer comes to an end, you may be getting ready to travel back to school or to the United States for the first time to begin your studies as an F or M student. There are several federal agencies involved in the international student process, and following their accounts on social media is...
From Our Partners at the J-1 Visa Exchange Visitor Program
August 8, 2017
Many different visa categories permit nonimmigrants to travel to the United States. Nonimmigrant international students usually enter the United States using one of three visa types: F-1, J-1 or M-1. Each visa category is defined by its purpose for travel to the United States. In this blog series,...
Buisness People Networking
July 28, 2017
From July 31 to Aug. 2, EducationUSA will host the 2017 EducationUSA Forum in Washington, D.C.The Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) will participate in two sessions during the EducationUSA Forum:“Using Student Mobility Data and Research to Help Develop a Strategy for International...
A person viewing their mobile phone.
July 12, 2017
Students and school officials can stay up to date with the latest news surrounding international students and the international student process by visiting Study in the States’ social media page, Get Social with Study in the States. This page features recent Twitter and Facebook posts from Study in...