The Winter 2019 SEVP InFocus Webinar aired on Wednesday, December 11, 2019, from 2 to 3 p.m. EST. The webinar featured the latest program news and updates affecting SEVP-certified schools and international students. During the webinar, SEVP representatives discussed current and upcoming program initiatives of interest to designated school officials (DSOs), including:
- SEVP External Training Application (SETA) rollout;
- New Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS)-related updates;
- Recent SEVP policy guidance;
- Recent SEVP Portal and SEVIS releases;
- Record keeping best practices;
- Important international student statistics
- Additional program updates, and
- Important resources on Study in the States.
This webinar is intended for DSOs at SEVP certified schools, and those with an interest in the latest topics and trends in international education.
SEVP hosts its stakeholder webinar series using the Adobe Connect platform. To ensure your browser supports Adobe Connect, read the Adobe Connect Quick Start Guide.
Recommended web browsers for viewing stakeholder webinars are Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Viewers may need to download an Adobe browser extension to watch the webinar.
All webinars are recorded live per the date and time listed above. SEVP uploads a recording of the webinar following the live event. Advanced registration is not required.
SEVP produces a variety of webinars to help the academic community better understand and comply with the rules and regulations that govern the school certification and international student life cycles. These webinars include three types of presentations:
- SEVP InFocus Webinars―provide seasonal program updates
- SEVP Ask the Expert Webinars―focus on specific, trending topics and include a live question and answer session with subject matter experts
- SEVP Special Report Webinars―discuss hot topics or breaking program news