The Student and Exchange Visitor Program and the Department of State Exchange Visitor Program discussed the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) enhancements that deployed on Friday, February 24, 2017.
The webinar previewed the following functionality:
- New length requirement for SEVIS passwords
- Program History (J SEVIS)
- Edit Sites of Activity for Secondary School Students (J SEVIS)
- Downloadable Report on Exchange Visitors (J SEVIS)
- Downloadable Report on Students (F/M SEVIS)
- New Termination Reason (F/M/J SEVIS)
- Upload Evidence for Form I-17 (F/M SEVIS)
- Upload Evidence Correction Requests turned on (F/M SEVIS)
- School History page updated
SEVP hosts its SEVIS webinars series using the Adobe Connect platform. To ensure your browser supports Adobe Connect, read the Adobe Connect Quick Start Guide. Recommended web browsers for viewing stakeholder webinars are Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox.
Pre-registration is required to attend SEVIS webinars. Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis. Since space is limited, we encourage participants at the same institution to only register once and participate in the live webinar from a single location.
First-time attendees should review the Webinar Registration Job Aid for information about how to set up an account. Attendees must carefully review the email address they use to register, as this becomes their user name for all subsequent webinars. Also we encourage users to make note of the password they use to register for the webinar. Users will need this password to view all future SEVIS webinars.
SEVIS webinars inform system users about deployments and explain how new enhancements may impact the way they comply with federal reporting requirements. More information about specific updates in SEVIS can be found in the planning guides found on the SEVIS Help Hub Enhancements page.