US flag   Official website of the Department of Homeland Security

U.S. Department of Homeland Security: Study in the States

View Disclaimer



June 18, 2018
On June 21, 2018, at 2 p.m. EDT, the Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) invites designated school officials (DSOs) to tune in to the SEVP...
DSO manages student records
Filter Blog By:
Read more about the Form I-94
August 25, 2014
Before studying in the United States, there are some forms that you will be given and should keep while staying in the country. One important form is the Form I-94, “Arrival/Departure Record.” It shows the terms of your admission, including your legal status, length of time you may stay and...
Use this checklist to pay your I-901 SEVIS Fee
August 22, 2014
Once you are accepted to a Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP)-certified school, you must pay the I-901 Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) Fee. Paying the I-901 SEVIS Fee is the first step to studying in the United States. You must complete this step before applying for...
Complete these steps to apply for your student visa.
August 20, 2014
The U.S. Department of State issues visas at U.S. Embassies and Consulates. An F or M student visa allows you to travel to the United States for your studies. In order to apply for a visa, complete the steps below:Apply to a Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP)-certified school and gain...
Learn more about grades kindergarten to 12
August 15, 2014
Only schools that are certified by the Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) can enroll F or M nonimmigrant students. All certified schools have responsibilities to follow in order to maintain their certification.Public K-12 SchoolsAn F-1 student may attend an SEVP-certified public high...