US flag   Official website of the Department of Homeland Security

U.S. Department of Homeland Security: Study in the States

View Disclaimer



August 22, 2019
As an F or M student, upon arrival at a U.S. port of entry, you must have: All signed required documents, Paid the I-901 Student and Exchange Visitor...
Looking at a form
Filter Blog By:
From DHS's Office of Academic Engagement
May 30, 2017
The U.S. Department of Homeland Security’s (DHS) Office of Academic Engagement (OAE) supports the DHS mission by building, improving and leveraging relationships with the academic community.Through this ongoing series, read how OAE actively engages with the academic community in the United States...
From our Partners at the J-1 Visa Exchange Visitor Program
May 25, 2017
Many different visa categories permit nonimmigrants to travel to the United States. Nonimmigrant international students usually enter the United States using one of three visa types: F-1, J-1 or M-1. Each visa is designed for a specific purpose. In this blog series, the J-1 Visa Exchange Visitor...
Business people having a meeting
May 16, 2017
From May 28 to June 2, NAFSA: Association of International Educators will host the NAFSA 2017 Annual Conference & Expo. The Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) will take part in six sessions:The first session will discuss news related to the Student and Exchange Visitor Information...
Students using laptops in classroom at college campus
May 10, 2017
Per federal regulations, B-1 and B-2 nonimmigrants (i.e., visitors who are in the United States for business and pleasure purposes) are prohibited from enrolling in a course of study at a U.S. Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP)-certified school.If you are a B-1 or B-2 nonimmigrant and wish...