US flag   Official website of the Department of Homeland Security

U.S. Department of Homeland Security: Study in the States

View Disclaimer



February 26, 2020
Per regulation, all SEVP-certified schools must be recertified every two years. A school’s certification expiration date (CED) is exactly two years...
Woman at a desk looking at her computer
Filter Blog By:
DSO signs student's Form I-20
June 20, 2019
It is summer time and the rush of student applications for the fall term is at its height. As you prepare to sign the Form I-20, “Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant Students,” and send it to students, be sure to read the School Attestation statement on the first page the Form I-20 and...
Guest Post
May 30, 2019
In this blog post, the Student and Exchange Visitor Program’s government partner, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), explains the new online filing process for eligible F and M students for the Form I-539, “Application to Extend/Change Nonimmigrant Status.” USCIS announced on May 22...
Student on a laptop reading the Study in the States site
March 6, 2018
Once you have been accepted to a Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP)-certified school, there are several steps you must take prior to your arrival in the United States.After you accept your admittance to an SEVP-certified school and provide evidence of your financial ability to study in the...
A woman typing on a laptop computer.
September 6, 2017
The Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) welcomes designated school officials (DSOs) to submit their questions about the Form I-20, “Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant Student Status,” to by Sept. 14, 2017.SEVP representatives will answer these pre-submitted...