How to Contact SEVP
The Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) is part of U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement. SEVP works directly with F and M students, principal designated school officials (PDSO) and designated school officials (DSOs). If you have a question or need assistance, you can call or e-mail SEVP via the SEVP Response Center (SRC) or Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) Help Desk.
SEVP Response Center
The SRC can provide information to address all nontechnical SEVP-related questions from PDSOs, DSOs, students, government officials and the general public. The SRC will answer questions about student issues, including the following:
- Paying the I-901 SEVIS fee
- Maintaining student status
- What to do if your school closes
- What to do if you receive a Form I-515A, “Notice to Student or Exchange Visitor”
- International travel
- Problems students encounter with their DSO
To contact the SRC:
- E-mail: email@example.com. Note that when contacting the SRC via e-mail, students should include a detailed description of their question, their name, and their SEVIS ID number.
- Call: 703-603-3400 between 8:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. ET, except holidays
The SRC will try to answer questions during your initial call, but some responses may require additional research and time.
SEVIS Help Desk
SEVP also has a SEVIS Help Desk that can help DSOs with technical issues including the following issues:
- SEVIS system issues
- SEVIS access
- Modifying student records
- Resetting SEVIS passwords
To Contact the SEVIS Help Desk:
- E-mail: SEVISHelpdesk@ice.dhs.gov
- Call: 800-892-4829 between 8:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. ET, except holidays
SEVP is fully committed to answering stakeholder questions via the SRC and SEVIS Help Desk. In the first quarter of 2014, the SEVIS Help Desk responsibilities will seamlessly transition to the SRC. These changes will not impact the service SEVP provides or the responsiveness stakeholders receive. SEVP will continue to update the community as we get closer to the transition. For more information about contacting SEVP, see our Contact Us page.