The Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) held an SEVP Special Report Webinar on March 20, 2018, to provide stakeholders with an overview of SEVP Portal operations and functionality. During the webinar, SEVP representatives discussed the following:
- Steps to create an SEVP Portal account
- Tips to navigate the SEVP Portal
- Information for designated school officials (DSOs) about the SEVP Portal’s interface with the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System
- Resources on Study in the States
SEVP representatives also responded to both frequently asked questions about the SEVP Portal and live questions from the audience.
This webinar is designed for DSOs and international students, primarily F-1 international students engaged in post-completion optional practical training (OPT) or science, technology, engineering and mathematics OPT, and M-1 students engaged in practical training.
SEVP hosts its stakeholder webinar series using the Adobe Connect platform. To ensure your browser supports Adobe Connect, read the Adobe Connect Quick Start Guide.
Recommended web browsers for viewing stakeholder webinars are Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox.
All webinars are recorded live per the date and time listed above. SEVP uploads a recording of the webinar following the live event. Advanced registration is not required.
SEVP produces a variety of webinars to help the academic community better understand and comply with the rules and regulations that govern the school certification and international student life cycles. These webinars primarily include three types of presentations:
- SEVP InFocus Webinars—provide seasonal program updates
- SEVP Ask the Expert Webinars—focus on specific, trending topics and include a live question and answer session with subject matter experts
- SEVP Special Report Webinars—discuss hot topics or breaking program news