The Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) periodically publishes policy guidance. Guidance is SEVP’s interpretation of federal laws and regulations that guide SEVP adjudicators in their decision-making. Guidance is not the same as governing regulations. Governing regulations are developed and instituted by federal agencies, boards, and commissions. Stakeholders can find published guidance under the Policy tab on the Schools page of ICE.gov/SEVP.
To read SEVP’s governing regulations, see the following pages:
- 8 CFR 214.2(f) Academic and Language Students
- 8 CFR 214.2(m) Vocational Students
- 8 CFR 214.3 Petitions for Approval of Schools
- 8 CFR 214.4 Denial of Certification, Denial of Recertification or Withdrawal of SEVP Certification
- 8 CFR 214.13 SEVIS Fee for F, J, and M Nonimmigrants
If you have any questions about SEVP policy, please contact the SEVP Response Center.