Showing results for "Practical Training".

Visit the new introductory guide for F-1 and M-1 international students interested in gaining work experience while in the United States. This new resource, the Applying for Practical Training page, features application steps and timelines for: 
The U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) published a Federal Register notice on July 12, 2023, announcing the addition of eight Classification of Instructional Programs (CIP) codes to the DHS STEM Designated Degree Program List.
As you start your summer and prepare to apply to participate in optional practical training with U.S. Citizenship Immigration Services (USCIS), be sure to connect with your designated school official (DSO). You may only file the Form I-765, “Application for Employment Authorization,” for OPT within the 30-day period after your DSO: 
The United States allows eligible international students and new graduates the opportunity to gain on-the-job-learning that supplements knowledge gained in their academic studies. To participate in one of the below training opportunities, an international student does not need to change their nonimmigrant status. Instead, the student must work with their designated school official (DSO) to ensure eligibility as well as apply for and receive proper authorization.