US flag   Official website of the Department of Homeland Security

U.S. Department of Homeland Security: Study in the States

View Disclaimer



December 11, 2018
Want to hear about the latest news from the Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP)? Don’t miss the Winter 2018 SEVP InFocus Webinar on Wednesday...
students and school officials in campus building
Filter Blog By:
teacher and student talking
March 30, 2015
You just returned to the United States from spring break and forgot to pack your passport. Or, perhaps you traveled to the United States for the first time to start at a U.S. school, but do not have your Form I 20, “Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant Student Status,” with you or you have...
hand signing a document
February 5, 2015
All F and M students that study in the United States need a Form I-20, “Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant Student Status.” Once you are accepted into a Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP)-certified school, you will receive one of these two forms from your designated school...
stack of documents
January 29, 2015
Your passport and visa are two important documents that you must keep secure during your time in the United States. Whether you are traveling or staying around campus, you should keep these documents safe. It is recommended that you also make copies of your documents and keep them in a separate...