The Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) is fully committed to answering stakeholder questions via the SEVP Response Center (SRC). SEVP stakeholders include F and M students, principal designated school officials, designated school officials (DSO), government officials, academic associations and the general public. If you have a question or need assistance, you can call or email SEVP via the SRC.
- 703-603-3400, or
Please remember that the SRC will try to answer questions during your initial call, but some responses may require additional research and time. For current hours of operation, please visit the Contact Us
- Paying the I-901 SEVIS Fee.
- Maintaining student status.
- Policy questions.
- What to do if your school closes.
- What to do if you receive a Form I-515A, “Notice to Student or Exchange Visitor.”
- International travel.
- Problems students encounter with their DSO.
Email SEVIShelpdesk@ice.dhs.gov for technical issues including:
- Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) issues.
- SEVIS access.
- Modifying student records.
- Resetting SEVIS passwords.
Note that when contacting the SRC via email, students and DSOs should include their name, a detailed description of their question and the applicable SEVIS ID number.
The best way to get answers to more technical or critical questions about SEVIS is to contact the SRC via email at SEVP@ice.dhs.gov
. Please provide all available information to aid the SRC in researching the answer to your question. Reference any specifics; for instance, if the question pertains to a particular student, provide the student’s full name and SEVIS ID number.