Watch the Newest Spring/Summer 2015 Conference Presentation
April 6, 2015
The Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) Spring/Summer 2015 Conference Presentation is now available on the Study in the States Conference Presentation page. If you are unable to attend an event this season, you can watch the recorded presentation to keep up to date with the latest SEVP news.
This season, SEVP introduced a new viewing format. You can now select topics of your choice and watch a brief, five-minute video containing pertinent program updates. You can select videos on the following topics:
- Policy and Regulatory Updates: Learn about SEVP’s next steps for draft and interim final guidance previously available on Study in the States, upcoming draft guidance priorities and regulatory updates.
- News from the School Certification Unit: Get the latest news on Form I-17, “Petition for Approval of School for Attendance by Nonimmigrant Student,” updates, review the fields on the Form I-17 that require adjudication, and hear tips and best practices for school officials.
- Student and School Hot Topics: Hear the latest trends and issues affecting international students and SEVP-certified schools, including how school officials can assist students that receive a Form I-515A, “Notice to Student or Exchange Visitor,” at a U.S. port of entry.
- Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) Enhancements: Hear the latest about upcoming SEVIS releases and learn about the many resources available to school officials to assist with SEVIS reporting requirements.
- Stakeholder Support: Listen to updates from the SEVP Response Center and hear the latest news about SEVP field representatives.
- Engage with SEVP: Learn about the many resources available to school officials and international students on Study in the States, as well as how you can connect with SEVP through social media.
After you watch any of the above videos, please provide us with your feedback by taking the brief Stakeholder Satisfaction Survey. We review your comments throughout the year and incorporate your thoughts into future presentations. Your opinion is vital to SEVP continuing to meet your needs.
Additionally, you can stay up-to-date on the latest SEVP conferences, and outreach news and events with the monthly SEVP Conference Bulletin. To subscribe, email your request to: SEVPCommunications@ice.dhs.gov.
Stay tuned this month for additional conference information!