What is the I-901 SEVIS Fee?
Before you can apply for a visa to enter the United States as a student or exchange visitor, you need to pay the I-901 Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) fee. Here are some things you need to know before paying this fee:
- F and M visa applicants will pay $200; J1 visa applicants will pay $180 or $35 for a short term program.
- Most students can pay the fee by credit card at FMJFee.com.
- If your country of citizenship or country of birth is Cameroon, Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria or Gambia, you will not be able to pay the fee by credit card. You must pay by money order, Western Union Quick Pay, or certified check drawn on a U.S. financial institution.
You must bring proof of your I-901 payment to your visa appointment. The only acceptable proof of payment is the I-901 printed confirmation page from FMJfee.com. After your payment has been processed, you must print a payment confirmation from FMJFee.com to use as your receipt and proof of payment. The confirmation page can be printed at any time after your payment has been processed. Please note if you pay by credit card, your confirmation will be available to print immediately following the transaction. If you are paying by Western Union, certified check, or money order, your confirmation will be available to print as soon as your payment has been received and processed.
Any questions or change requests regarding your I-901 fee must be sent via email to the I-901 Case Resolution Unit (CRU) at email@example.com. Please allow ample time to process any changes before scheduling your visa appointment. Below is a list of change requests that must be sent to the CRU for processing.
- I-901 fee transfers
- I-901 refund requests
- I-901 payment confirmation inquiries
- I-901 information changes
- I-901 general questions and concerns
You can learn more about paying the I-901 SEVIS fee on our I-901 SEVIS fee resource page. Contact the Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) Response Center at 703-603-3400 if you need further guidance.