The Summer 2018 SEVP InFocus Webinar aired on Thursday, Aug. 16, 2018, from 2 to 3 p.m. EDT. During the webinar, Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) representatives—including a special guest SEVP field representative—discussed the latest program news and updates affecting the academic community, including:
- Information and frequently asked questions about the SEVP Portal,
- Campus emergency preparedness reminders and resources,
- Tips and reminders for designated school officials (DSOs) about the back to school season and Student and Exchange Visitor Information System registration, and
- New resources on Study in the States.
This webinar provided important updates, reminders and information for DSOs at SEVP-certified schools, and those with an interest in the latest topics and trends in international education.
SEVP hosts its stakeholder webinar series using the Adobe Connect platform. To ensure your browser supports Adobe Connect, read the Adobe Connect Quick Start Guide.
Recommended web browsers for viewing stakeholder webinars are Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox.
All webinars are recorded live per the date and time listed above. SEVP uploads a recording of the webinar following the live event. Advanced registration is not required.
SEVP produces a variety of webinars to help the academic community better understand and comply with the rules and regulations that govern the school certification and international student life cycles. These webinars primarily include three types of presentations:
- SEVP InFocus Webinars—provide seasonal program updates
- SEVP Ask the Expert Webinars—focus on specific, trending topics and include a live question and answer session with subject matter experts
- SEVP Special Report Webinars—discuss hot topics or breaking program news