US flag   Official website of the Department of Homeland Security

U.S. Department of Homeland Security: Study in the States

View Disclaimer

A man using his computer.

School Officials: Contact the SRC with Specific Form I-17 Adjudication Questions

June 21, 2016

If you are a school official with a case-specific question regarding a Form I-17 adjudication decision, please email the Student and Exchange Visitor Program’s (SEVP) Response Center (SRC).

The SRC will route your question to a federal adjudicator. Federal adjudicators are the only SEVP representatives able to answer specific questions regarding school certification decisions and processes.

If you have questions about the types of programs in which your school is certified to enroll F and M students or what evidence you need to submit for a Form I-17 update, contact the SRC so a federal adjudicator can provide you with the necessary clarification.

For guidance on SEVP rules, regulations and Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) reporting requirements, contact your territory’s SEVP field representative. Field representatives serve as liaisons between SEVP and SEVP-certified schools and can answer your general inquiries and advise on best practices for remaining compliant.

For more information about SEVP certification, visit our interactive School Certification Life Cycle for a step-by-step explanation of the process. 

Back to Blog

Was This Helpful?

Additional Feedback
Additional Feedback