US flag   Official website of the Department of Homeland Security

U.S. Department of Homeland Security: Study in the States

View Disclaimer

Search for an SEVP-certified school.

Find Your SEVP-Certified School on the Map

July 7, 2014

An F or M student in the United States must attend a Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP)‑certified school. If a school is SEVP-certified, it meets certain requirements and legally allows enrollment to students from other countries, like you. Only SEVP-certified schools can issue Forms I-20, "Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant Student Status," which you need for many things, including applying for your visa to enter the United States.

Are you searching for a certified school in the United States? If yes, look no further than the School Search page to find an SEVP-certified school today. You can use this tool to search for a school by name, location, state, education type or visa type. Check out the interactive map to locate SEVP-certified schools and see their physical location in the country.

If you still have questions about finding the right program for you, EducationUSA has information you can use when selecting a school in the United States. Visit one of over 400 advising centers in 170 countries around the world.

Tell us what you think about the School Search page on Facebook or Twitter, and if you used it to find your school.

Back to Blog

Was This Helpful?

Additional Feedback
Additional Feedback